project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 03:06 AM   #1
n00bsauce
Default Where is everyone? LOL

Servers have been dead lately other than =]H[= ... where are all the players?

Is the BF3 beta drawing everyone away or is it just me?
n00bsauce is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:09 AM   #2
Kill001

Send a message via AIM to Kill001 Send a message via MSN to Kill001 Send a message via Yahoo to Kill001
Unhappy Re: Where is everyone? LOL

yeah I agree, and =]H[= only play insurgency most of the time and it gets repetitive/boring and no one uses mumble...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kill001 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:15 AM   #3
TheComedian

Default Re: Where is everyone? LOL

Yesterday at 8pm GMT there were 6 full servers 64/64 so your argument is valid only for your time zone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TheComedian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:16 AM   #4
DesmoLocke

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke Send a message via Skype™ to DesmoLocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bsauce View Post
Is the BF3 beta drawing everyone away or is it just me?
Would be my guess. Or PR:ArmA...

I really only look forward to playing PR on the weekends now because you know you'll have a few servers to pick from then.

DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:43 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoLocke View Post
Would be my guess. Or PR:ArmA...
Not PR:ARMA2, that's suffering more than PR:BF2 according to this thread: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f440...everybody.html

the BF3 beta has hit player counts pretty hard but I can't see BF3 replacing PR completely for most of our player base as it doesn't offer anything like the same experience. As such, I predict in time most of the players currently playing BF3 will come back to PR after playing a bit of BF3 and might decide to play both games on and off as well

But ye, its mainly the Australian time zone that's suffering at the moment, EU and NA is still going strong.

I would recommend to the Aus community to look into setting up some events to get everyone on at the same time

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:23 AM   #6
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
I would recommend to the Aus community to look into setting up some events to get everyone on at the same time
Its been tried over the past few years, numbers have just dropped due to lack of interest which nobody can be blamed for.

Gradually new players are joining, but a decreasing rate since knowledge of PR's existence is fairly low, or those who do know it don't like it.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:31 AM   #7
Brainlaag

BF3 fhas happened uck yeah xD
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:45 AM   #8
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

I don't understand how Project Reality players can play the Battlefield 3 Beta...
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #9
No_Surrender
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
I don't understand how Project Reality players can play the Battlefield 3 Beta...
Agree. Once its realeased its probably gonna be a good game with big open maps like Caspian border, but right now playing that horrible Metro map is sickening.
No_Surrender is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #10
cyberzomby

Its fun! And its easy fun! Where PR can be fun if all the things are right. Everyone knows that out of X number of PR games only so few are truly EPIC and PR like.

For me, I have little time to play, probably up until january. I hop on the BF3 beta, and probably BF3 once its out, more than PR because for me, its an easy shot of fun. In the spare moments I have to launch a game I can play BF3. Where in PR you need at least 2 hours to have some good PR like fun.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
end, lol