project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
27 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #71
King Six
Default Re: Where is everyone? LOL

Playing the BF3 open beta actually motivated me to buy old BF2 again (I've lost my first copy of it). It made me realise how badly I missed the old game style; the chain of command between commander and squad leaders, and seeing the team as a "system" rather than a spontane and linear lump of combat. I ranked up and unlocked a load of weapons in it, but I am NOT buying BF3. So, as to what ever it may matter, atleast 'I' am new to PR:BF2 and the only reason I am here at all, is because I disliked BF3 so much. It seemed to me that PR:BF2 was all that BF3 should've been but was not.
King Six is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #72
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Well, welcome then, hope you'll enjoy it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via
Old 10-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #73
Kwalc297
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Six View Post
Playing the BF3 open beta actually motivated me to buy old BF2 again (I've lost my first copy of it). It made me realise how badly I missed the old game style; the chain of command between commander and squad leaders, and seeing the team as a "system" rather than a spontane and linear lump of combat. I ranked up and unlocked a load of weapons in it, but I am NOT buying BF3. So, as to what ever it may matter, atleast 'I' am new to PR:BF2 and the only reason I am here at all, is because I disliked BF3 so much. It seemed to me that PR:BF2 was all that BF3 should've been but was not.
You couldve just downloaded BF2 and used your old key by logging in to your EA account.
Kwalc297 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #74
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

He'd still need a valid CD key, wouldn't he?

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via
Old 10-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #75
King Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by |TGXV| Kwalc297 View Post
You couldve just downloaded BF2 and used your old key by logging in to your EA account.
Oh but I don't remember that login. That was a long time ago, and I've had several e-mail adresses (and geographical addresses too) since then. Paying less than 10$ for a brand new copy was a bargain deal Downloading BF2? Games I like, I buy, even though I see you're right in some aspect in this case. Besides, don't they use punkbuster or something against copied games? I truly don't mind those 10$ spent. I my self am to blame for the lost fysical CD.

Hopefully others will come too to realise that BF3 was total horse-manure, and they will buy BF2 instead and play PR with the rest of us. They ask "if you build it, will they come?". Well, it's built already. So they ought to come any second now...
Last edited by King Six; 10-11-2011 at 12:47 PM..
Old 10-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #76
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Six View Post
Hopefully others will come too to realise that BF3 was total horse-manure,
Not my cup of tea BF3, but it's what the 'masses' want. Shiny graphics, big explosions then after one month the majority put it away.

Great for EA, they sell lots but the demand for servers, patches is far reduced in the future.

As long as people buy it that's all that matters to them - long term re-playability is a negative.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #77
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Re-Playability and a good community!

Hear hear!

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #78
=]H[=COEMAN

Beta is over, so population should return for the next 2 weeks and die down again because of release of BF3 and then after a few weeks players will return back to PR, just got to wait it out, meantime you should be able to get a good round in =]H[= HARDCORE server during U.S. prime time, european prime time, assuie prime time, whatever prime time, usually someone is always on.

=]H[=COEMAN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #79
Robskie

Or NWA :3 USE MUMBLE PLOX.

New Active Clan. Find us on the PRTA TeamSpeak! We are Red Company! A fresh clan in the PR-verse looking to expand! Come join us
!
Robskie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:51 AM   #80
[RIP]-Chido312

I think what would draw more people in is a server that ran all maps 24/7. 24/7 muttrah is so boring after like 2 or 3 games. idk what servers run all maps or if there are any. so im just guessing.

*Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.* Psalms 23 verse 4

"Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War" Julius Ceasar

[RIP]-Chido312 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
end, lol