project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #11
Th3Exiled
Default Re: Where is everyone? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
But ye, its mainly the Australian time zone that's suffering at the moment...
Damn right, it's 9pm on a friday in brisbane, this should be peak time for the bigd server.... there's 6 people on atm. Last night was better, we had ~24 people on at one point, had a pretty good game. I only play every few nights, sometimes a week or two inbetween, would be nice if there were a few more people on but at least there was some teamwork happening when I played.

Exiled.
Th3Exiled is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #12
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
I don't understand how Project Reality players can play the Battlefield 3 Beta...
By not being so close-minded that PR is the only game one can play in the FPS genre, which is something people who say 'omg PR killed everything else for me' fail to comprehend.

The BF3 beta couldn't be taking that many players away, we'll see how re-populated servers get once the weekend is over.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #13
TeRR0R
Supporting Member

Most will come back after the hype about a new title is over.
same procedure as every year.

Xfire: tbaterr0r Ingame: =TBA= .TeRR0R.[GER]
TeRR0R is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #14
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

I based what I said on my own knowledge. Almost every PR player I know, hate other FPS games. That's why I can't see why they would play the Battlefield 3 Beta.

I do agree with you, Dtacs. The BF3 Beta couldn't have taken away that many PR-players.
In fact, it looks like the servers are getting populated again. Last night there were 6 full servers.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:54 AM   #15
A.Finest
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to A.Finest Send a message via Skype™ to A.Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
I don't understand how Project Reality players can play the Battlefield 3 Beta...
I totaly agree. I didnt even download the BETA or the Alpha Lol, even though I had access to do it -.- ...

I've been chilling on our PR server xD

Fighting Terror is a lifestyle...
A.Finest is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #16
Culgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRR0R View Post
Most will come back after the hype about a new title is over.
same procedure as every year.
I'm already done with BF3, Metro is awful and Caspian Border feels like Bad Company 2 on a larger map. To me it feels nothing like a successor to BF2 but more of a successor to BF:BC2. Cancelled my pre-order and I'm back to playing BF2 and Project Reality.
Culgan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #17
Daniel

Question Re: Where is everyone? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culgan View Post
I'm already done with BF3, Metro is awful and Caspian Border feels like Bad Company 2 on a larger map. To me it feels nothing like a successor to BF2 but more of a successor to BF:BC2. Cancelled my pre-order and I'm back to playing BF2 and Project Reality.
Do you really get the money (60?) back on your account when cancelling the pre-order???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #18
Cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Its been tried over the past few years, numbers have just dropped due to lack of interest which nobody can be blamed for.

Gradually new players are joining, but a decreasing rate since knowledge of PR's existence is fairly low, or those who do know it don't like it.
Yeah, of course the number of players has decreased atm and you can no longer expect to find several full servers at any given time. So there are few people online and because there are few people online more people start to stay away. I am playing the ARMA2 campaign right now.

BUT those who are STILL edging for a round of PR are those who have their mumble setup, can fly the huey upside down and deliver mortarfire quicklike and I am sure thats more then 64 players.

Its just a matter of getting everyone online at the same time and yes, events will do that. TG had an event a week back, it was a full server and full mumble. This saturday there is gonna be a scrim, but signups closed even for reserve players on the same day .

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #19
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

Clearly what is needed is a BIG release with lots of new toys to play with

For Aiur
Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #20
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

BTW: Caspian Border is being released for the weekend.

I totally called that one last week..

multiple times... ._.

So yeah. yaaaay.

LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
end, lol