project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 02:23 AM   #21
FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON
Default Re: United States Servers

While =]H[= is a great server, the inter squad communication is subpar and it plays much like vBf2, its where kills rule. Mains and Fobs/hideouts are usually camped on INS. Then on AAS defense is almost nonexistent and rushes are common. But it still has some good players, and is good fun if you have a few friends to play with.

Ingame name:FLAP.INCmoon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:33 AM   #22
Brainlaag

It funny how this turned again in a server bash, makes me laugh how the American communities are all shattered and hate each other.

Mek zom luv boiz.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #23
=HCM= Shwedor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON View Post
While =]H[= is a great server, the inter squad communication is subpar and it plays much like vBf2, its where kills rule. Mains and Fobs/hideouts are usually camped on INS. Then on AAS defense is almost nonexistent and rushes are common. But it still has some good players, and is good fun if you have a few friends to play with.
Intersquad communication is subpar unless you take the initiative to join our ventrilo, we actually have very good communications.... just you don't hear it because you are unwilling to join vent or mumble. Funny how we have random people who aren't in our clan wearing our clan tags on the forums. (is there no rule against impersonation on these forums?) I don't suppose you have any idea how our tactics work now, seeing that you have been gone a LONG time. Not to mention, as I said earlier, the random person who didn't read our rules and got himself banned, and then goes to claim admin abuse.

We don't usually "defend" in the sense that you mean because it quite simply dosen't work.
FOBS are no longer the "defender's dream" that they used to be in older patches because now we use coordinated mortar strikes to eliminate even the most well built FOBS.
"Some goddamn fool once said that flanks have got to be secure. Since then sonofabitches all over the globe have been guarding their flanks. I don't agree with that. My flanks are something for the enemy to worry about, not me. Before he finds out where my flanks are, I'll be cutting the bastard's throat." Think of it like Patton, attack attack attack. Getting kills usually helps win along with capping. If the enemy is on the same flag you must actually kill them to cap it most of the time.

No matter how many times you say it, mumble has no great advantage to ventrilo. All you have is a bunch of children yelling pointless information in your ears when you join mumble. TG's tactics....are a joke. Just watch some of their videos, people standing ontop of bunkers on kashan for 10min planning an attack (on H if you stood in the open like that you would be toast), and then rushing in from the top and getting raped by the defenders. People tard rushing known caches, spending 200 tickets killing them, and then RTB'ing instead of going and killing another cache (which would actually give them a chance to win).

shwedor
Old 09-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #24
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =HCM= Shwedor View Post
No matter how many times you say it, mumble has no great advantage to ventrilo. All you have is a bunch of children yelling pointless information in your ears when you join mumble. TG's tactics....are a joke. Just watch some of their videos, people standing ontop of bunkers on kashan for 10min planning an attack (on H if you stood in the open like that you would be toast), and then rushing in from the top and getting raped by the defenders. People tard rushing known caches, spending 200 tickets killing them, and then RTB'ing instead of going and killing another cache (which would actually give them a chance to win).

Isn't it the opposite when it comes to Mumble? You hear people screaming until you're linked, which you should be as soon as you spawn in for the first time. On Ventrilo you hear people talking as if you're unlinked all the time.

In my opinion Mumble is a lot better than Ventrilo. You have a SL-radio where you communicate with other squadleaders, and you have the 3D-audio (not sure what to call it) which makes you able to talk to smurfs that are on mumble, which is up to 90% of the players on TG.

Quote:
TG's tactics....are a joke. Just watch some of their videos, people standing ontop of bunkers on kashan for 10min planning an attack (on H if you stood in the open like that you would be toast), and then rushing in from the top and getting raped by the defenders.
Please show me that video you're talking about.

And; do you think it is pure coincidence that the TG has a much better rating than H on the forum?
Old 09-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #25
Brainlaag

Quote:
Intersquad communication is subpar unless you take the initiative to join our ventrilo, we actually have very good communications.... just you don't hear it because you are unwilling to join vent or mumble. Funny how we have random people who aren't in our clan wearing our clan tags on the forums. (is there no rule against impersonation on these forums?) I don't suppose you have any idea how our tactics work now, seeing that you have been gone a LONG time. Not to mention, as I said earlier, the random person who didn't read our rules and got himself banned, and then goes to claim admin abuse.

We don't usually "defend" in the sense that you mean because it quite simply dosen't work.
FOBS are no longer the "defender's dream" that they used to be in older patches because now we use coordinated mortar strikes to eliminate even the most well built FOBS.
"Some goddamn fool once said that flanks have got to be secure. Since then sonofabitches all over the globe have been guarding their flanks. I don't agree with that. My flanks are something for the enemy to worry about, not me. Before he finds out where my flanks are, I'll be cutting the bastard's throat." Think of it like Patton, attack attack attack. Getting kills usually helps win along with capping. If the enemy is on the same flag you must actually kill them to cap it most of the time.

Offtopic much, seriously don't try to promote, or excuse your server, answer the OP and goodbye. I don't wanna sound offensive but talking one thing and acting the other way wont help to improve your image.

Would like to see this thread locked tbh, just causing massive drama and brings up the childish side of people.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #26
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

I'd just like to see the video he's talking about.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #27
=HCM= Shwedor

PR v0.95 Kashan - Bunker Assault - YouTube

They spend quite a bit of time in the open, no way that would work on H. And they managed to lose a few tickets in the process. I don't think it is a coincidence that TG has a better rating on these forums, most of the DEVs here play with TG.

shwedor
Old 09-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #28
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

First of all: There is a huge difference between 30 seconds and 10 minutes.
I do agree, the chance of being shot is great. But I don't see how you can claim that this would not have worked on H, what so ever.

The attack was well executed. They did not get "toasted" by the defenders, as you claimed they did.
I also doubt that you could have managed this without losing a single ticket.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #29
=HCM= Shwedor

And you doubt because you have never seen H take a bunker, and thus your feedback on H is irrelevant.
In a serious game, 30 seconds is like 10min, on H a HAT, tank shell, or sniper would have nailed them the second they went ontop of that bunker. Wasting any tickets on taking an unnecessary fortification is "getting toasted." If you can sit in the open for that long without being shot, then you might as well set up a few more squads in parade formation to cap and simply ignore the noobs camping inside, there was no external resistance.

Funny how people tell H "Offtopic much, seriously don't try to promote." And yet nobody pointed out --->
"The only good US server is TacticalGamer.

shwedor
Old 09-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #30
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
If you can sit in the open for that long without being shot, then you might as well set up a few more squads in parade formation to cap and simply ignore the noobs camping inside, there was no external resistance.

Sooner or later you'll have to take out the squad anyways, as they will cap the flag when you leave it.

Quote:
Funny how people tell H "Offtopic much, seriously don't try to promote." And yet nobody pointed out --->
"The only good US server is TacticalGamer.
How is that off-topic? The guy asked for a good server, and I simply told him the name of the only good US server.
Closed Thread

Tags
servers, states, united