project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
_casualtyUR
Default Will Irene Affect PR Servers?

Hurricane Irene is about to hit the east coast and I'm sure we have many PR servers located along it's path.

Expect some outages!

EDIT:
updated maps 8-26-11

Last edited by _casualtyUR; 08-26-2011 at 07:38 AM..
Old 08-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
BlazeDBe3

Default Re: Will Irene Affect PR Servers?

Lately, it seems servers are crashing left and right, PR isn't close to stable server side at all in .973. Last night servers were empty at 11:30pm EST, but at 1:20pm in middle of day, those servers empty last night, were plum full. And these are American servers. So if servers do go down due to Irene, oh well, got the UK servers ^_^

Long as Irene aint like Elizabeth in 2003, me and her and chill.
BlazeDBe3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
Redamare
Supporting Member

empty at one point on the east coast of the USA is very early morning the next day on the other side of the planet . . . soo being that it was a Wednesday or what ever people probably had work . . and i doubt that the hurricane will effect server show ups .. at most only the Coast of the US

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Oh, lol. A hurricane hits the east coast of the united states: Primary concern; is my favorite gaming server going to be down?

Let's hope not, but we can't know what exactly is going to be destroyed by the storm and what isn't. I doubt it's likely that the servers will be affected, but you never know.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
[EST]Terremer

The only way the servers will be affected is we lose power along the coast, and if the servers are located there. The power only will be lost for more than a few hours, if at all, if the hurricane comes very near or onto land, and lingers so that once the storms knock down the lines or whatever it takes a while for them to fix it (back in 03-04 or whenever those multiple hurricanes hit florida, we lost power for about a week straight, and i wasnt even in the middle of it). Otherwise, we're just going to get some bad weather that wont affect much of anything. Considering its been raining and thunderstorms here in florida the last few weeks anyways, it shouldnt be bad.

Hopefully it stays off in the atlantic, if the power goes out that means i cant play PR at all
[EST]Terremer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
BlazeDBe3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamare View Post
empty at one point on the east coast of the USA is very early morning the next day on the other side of the planet . . . soo being that it was a Wednesday or what ever people probably had work . . and i doubt that the hurricane will effect server show ups .. at most only the Coast of the US
If anything, some people may just not be around for the weekend.

As Ocean City maryland is already got a mandotory evac in at Midnight tonight. Rumors are VA beach area and CNU college down near Norfolk VA are having a mandatory evac as well.

But everyone closer in-land should be straight.

Elizabeth was coming up the bay and hit us hard, thats when most of east coast had no power for 5 days.

Irene is sticking to her ocean, lets hope she blows a little more into it and we all should be fine.

Gotta remember peeps, this is 2011, our Media takes everything and spins it and makes it sound so much worse or good x100.
BlazeDBe3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #7
havoc1482

Send a message via AIM to havoc1482 Send a message via MSN to havoc1482 Send a message via Skype™ to havoc1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeDBe3 View Post
But everyone closer in-land should be straight.

Good deal

I love living on a mountain

havoc1482 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
_casualtyUR

These maps should update automatically.

_casualtyUR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #9
Jolly

Send a message via Skype™ to Jolly

i am fear of earthquake............More aggressive,Guys take care....
Jolly is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
affect, irene, servers