project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #31
Gracler

Default Re: Landing on Carriers (Heli)

I always use a joystick with analogue throttle when flying. Gives me a lot more freedom than using the mouse in my opinion. Tapping the W and S key for throttle is very annoying and not as accurate as a throttle.

Many people don't realise that you can also use analogue throttle for other vehicles. I sometimes use it for tanks or apc?s to cruise alongside infantry.
Gracler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #32
Zoddom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracler View Post
Many people don't realise that you can also use analogue throttle for other vehicles. I sometimes use it for tanks or apc?s to cruise alongside infantry.
i thought this way before, too. but then i realised that you can also use pedals for gas / brake in any vehicles. looks a bit strange when flying a heli or a jet but its the most comfortable method i found out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #33
Xander[nl]

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]

AFAIK this simply is an issue caused by landing too hard - ie. pressing S for too long.

It's simply resolved by either landing while moving forward (like a combat landing) or by hovering just above deck and gently tabbing S untill you've completely landed.

Don't know what it is but the S key makes the downwards throttle go like crazy (try it in midair and the chopper will likely dive out of control) and it behaves weird on the ground. If you try pressing S while stationary on the helopad in a Kiowa or a Chinook/Black Hawk for example you'll get bounced backwards and sometimes crash the chopper all together.
Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #34
Zoddom

OP:
i just noticed that what you described sounds like youd be pressing S all the time when already on the ground, i never had any issues with the huey except when i forgot to take my foot off the brake pedal, then the chopper is being "pushed" on the ground and it can happen that you slide forward.
if it works, just dont press any button when on the ground... i hope it solves this problem

Old 08-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #35
Twombly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddom View Post
OP:
i just noticed that what you described sounds like youd be pressing S all the time when already on the ground, i never had any issues with the huey except when i forgot to take my foot off the brake pedal, then the chopper is being "pushed" on the ground and it can happen that you slide forward.
if it works, just dont press any button when on the ground... i hope it solves this problem
I think that's what it is. I had a throttle control hooked up that I didn't use, but it was still essentially pressing S at all times. Any time I would let off W, I would pretty much go out of control. I got the hang of it, but like I said the carrier would mess me up.

I unplugged the throttle and now I fly a lot better and don't become a part of the carrier when I land anymore. Thanks a lot for the help, everyone. If I hadn't known that wasn't normal I'd probably still be trying to practice like that.
Twombly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #36
Hunt3r

Holding down S is a recipe for disaster in all choppers in PR, a false move ends up magnifying itself.

Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #37
TheComedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Not only that, but you will win EVERY dogfight if you encounter a pilot using a mouse(Unless he has a ridiculously sensitive mouse, then MAYBE hell give you a challenge, but you will still win, X52 all the way!
Not true you will die if he sees you first. Jetfighting in PR is really a joke.

TheComedian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #38
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
Not true you will die if he sees you first. Jetfighting in PR is really a joke.
Your right, it's a game of who sees who, nothing else, no skill involved, now if there were no missiles, guns only, then MAYBE skill will be needed

Maverick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #39
mattnett1
Banned

I have some issues... and I remember once I was on Beruit I think and this Havok newbie. He said he was a very big vetran in PR... NOPE!

He went full force landing like it was a jet... and BAM he flipped and caused 9-11 over again.

But Landing on carriers on Operation Baracuda I find very easy.
mattnett1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #40
Zoddom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnett1 View Post
I have some issues... and I remember once I was on Beruit I think and this Havok newbie. He said he was a very big vetran in PR... NOPE!

He went full force landing like it was a jet... and BAM he flipped and caused 9-11 over again.

But Landing on carriers on Operation Baracuda I find very easy.
and whats your issue?
what i can say is taht the russian cargo ship is not an aircraft carrier and its much smaller so making such a landing is ridiculously newbish. iirc the havok pad is that heli pad at the tail of the ship .... so how did he ..omg

Tags
carriers, heli, landing