project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #31
maniac1031

maniac1031's Avatar
Default Re: unrealistic Hat gameplay

You can have more than 2 sniper/ hat kits per team not sure how you do it but it can be done. Taken from a a round on ramial on prta while squad leading. http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/116293040-4.jpg
maniac1031 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #32
80HD

80HD's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to 80HD Send a message via Skype™ to 80HD
Default Re: unrealistic Hat gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
stay on target gentlemen



So, on the OPs initial complaint... (back on target)...

Your complaint is that the enemy team was coordinated, used superior terrain, and massed heavy weapons...


How did they keep getting ammo? You know what kind of logistics would be required to keep them loaded with ammo? The reload delay on 3 HATs alone means that even a loosely coordinated attack would not enable them to cover more than 3 targets every 30+ seconds, considering the time it takes to get a new HAT off a crate, then construct the entire thing... have you ever used an Eryx? I swear your dude is consulting the manual for every one of the 74 steps required to get it ready. THEN you have to wait a coon's age for the thing to get sighted back in, and ANY target moving at high deflection, let alone using cover, at any range, is going to be tough to hit.

Next time, interdict their supply chain. Try landing in a boat, they can't see that far.

Did you guys HAT them back? Fight fire with fire.

I mean, this is all academic considering the underlying issue is that the team with more coordination won... which is pretty much what the Devs and serious players hope for...

[PiCE]uamaelstrom
(Server Admin for: Relentless Assault)
REQUIRED READING:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
80HD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #33
DEADLY_sniper
Default Re: unrealistic Hat gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac1031 View Post
You can have more than 2 sniper/ hat kits per team not sure how you do it but it can be done. Taken from a a round on ramial on prta while squad leading. http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/116293040-4.jpg
Its quite easy, yet not so awesome as you would think. However when I explained it on forum I got warned for exploits. so sorry
DEADLY_sniper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #34
Mikemonster

Mikemonster's Avatar
Default Re: unrealistic Hat gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80HD View Post
Did you guys HAT them back? Fight fire with fire.
Exactly what I thought. It's not rock, paper, scissors.

If it works for them it'll work for you. At worst you'll have stalemate.

I think if my team was so derped I would have gone on a one-man-jihad against them with Commander's JDAM or a snipzor rifle/HAT/SAW. There is great satisfaction to be had from counter-trolling.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #35
Jolly
PR Server License Moderator

Jolly's Avatar
Send a message via Skype™ to Jolly
Default Re: unrealistic Hat gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
mortar it
+1
Jolly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #36
Pedz
Supporting Member

Pedz's Avatar
Default Re: unrealistic Hat gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80HD View Post



Your complaint is that the enemy team was coordinated, used superior terrain, and massed heavy weapons...


How did they keep getting ammo? You know what kind of logistics would be required to keep them loaded with ammo? The reload delay on 3 HATs alone means that even a loosely coordinated attack would not enable them to cover more than 3 targets every 30+ seconds, considering the time it takes to get a new HAT off a crate, then construct the entire thing... have you ever used an Eryx? I swear your dude is consulting the manual for every one of the 74 steps required to get it ready. THEN you have to wait a coon's age for the thing to get sighted back in, and ANY target moving at high deflection, let alone using cover, at any range, is going to be tough to hit.

Next time, interdict their supply chain. Try landing in a boat, they can't see that far.

Did you guys HAT them back? Fight fire with fire.

I mean, this is all academic considering the underlying issue is that the team with more coordination won... which is pretty much what the Devs and serious players hope for...
Co-ordinated team? I don't think 4 people count as a team tbh :P

The reload of the HATs or any other kit for that matter, can be dramatically reduced by selecting riflemen kits of the crates, dropping ammo, and keep doing that every opportunity you can. You can load a HAT in ~10 seconds with enough ammo bags, and it uses hardly any of the crate itself. There's also the people who HAT caches which annoys me, but its there and use-able. But in situations like that, either area attack them or mortar followed by a few sneaky infantry.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pedz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #37
mattnett1
Banned
Default Re: unrealistic Hat gameplay

I think that =HOG= is the worst server... pretty decent if you are defence.
mattnett1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #38
Mikemonster

Mikemonster's Avatar
Default Re: unrealistic Hat gameplay

Protip: Enemy firebase annoying you?

Get an airtank to drop your squad into dead ground in full sight of the enemy FOB. Make sure it gets a crate.

After it's flown off make sure you het a HAT kit.

Use the HAT kit to systematically destroy the enemy emplacements (if he dies medic him and make someone else use the kit). If you're feeling good you could also build a FOB so that you can spawn the team in .. A bit pointless though as you are just a demolition squad there not to take any ground. Also make sure you HAT their crate - That way they can't get good guns to kill you with or spot you with! Trololol!

When finished, smoke up and get the airtank to extract you.

RTB/next FOBand repeat, make sure you say in squad chat: trolololololololol


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #39
80HD

80HD's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to 80HD Send a message via Skype™ to 80HD
Default Re: unrealistic Hat gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedz View Post
Co-ordinated team? I don't think 4 people count as a team tbh :P

The reload of the HATs or any other kit for that matter, can be dramatically reduced by selecting riflemen kits of the crates, dropping ammo, and keep doing that every opportunity you can. You can load a HAT in ~10 seconds with enough ammo bags, and it uses hardly any of the crate itself. There's also the people who HAT caches which annoys me, but its there and use-able. But in situations like that, either area attack them or mortar followed by a few sneaky infantry.
2 people working together is a team, if we want to get down to it. A given "Team" - as in, the entire platoon/company whatever you want to refer to the BLUFOR/REDFOR sides as, is only made up of coordinating elements. Chaotic squads of convenience that are only formed so ]PWN[H00terzMacB00BY and =H4X=PH4c3M3ltarz can get their sniper/marksman kits - as well as the unsquaded lone wolf ticket sponges - are not part of the "Team".

The OP's premise, to be based in reality, would require that the entire MEC team was more coordinated than his own. Not only did he say the US team was "half retarded", but also that 4 HATs wiped out "2 infantry squads that were well separated". If they were "Well separated" that means that the HATs would have each had to fire 3 times, assuming each one was a hit.

Also, regardless of how much ammo you have, you aren't reloading a HAT in ~10 seconds and getting it ready to fire. If all three HATs had rifleman kits sitting on the deck, that would give them one quick ammo bag reload. Subsequent shots would require the lengthy resupply from crates, and with 4 guys firing these minigun precision HATs as the OP describes them, they would be decimating crates with a quickness. There is no way that 4 HATs could lock down a hill and send a constant barrage of pinpoint accuracy against a team (apparently a team of lemmings who sit motionless in full view of the aforementioned HAT sniper team over and over) without substantial support from their team.

There are so many flaws in the originating post of the thread that it defies reason. There is nothing wrong with HATs, they are very well balanced, and if you are getting sniped as infantry by a HAT that is almost BVR, you need to go back to Co-op for remedial training.

[PiCE]uamaelstrom
(Server Admin for: Relentless Assault)
REQUIRED READING:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
80HD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #40
SGT.Ice

SGT.Ice's Avatar
Default Re: unrealistic Hat gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppetmaster532 View Post
i thought each team got 4 hats but i guess im wrong.

and THIS IS NOT A HOW THE HELL DO I KILL THEM THREAD this is focusing on the very unrealistic ways that these weapons are being used

plus i doesn't help when the perpetrators with the hats are spamming the chat with Trololololo etc.... after a kill
It's not unrealistic as stated before
2) Google HAT vs Insurgents or something on youtube
3) HAT sniping is extremely common on HOG and sometimes other servers
4) Mike what the hell is an airtank.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SGT.Ice is offline
Last edited by SGT.Ice; 08-10-2011 at 02:19 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
gameplay, hat, unrealistic
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.