project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #11
puppetmaster532
Default Re: unrealistic Hat gameplay

1. it is near impossible to hit A8 with cobra
2. you need too many smoke nades to make a screen big enough to cover the area
3. sniper kits where all taken and lost
4. goguapsy thanks for coming out
5. ALL ARMOR AND MANY HUEYS WHERE KILLED BY HATS!
6. cobra even got shot down once by hats because it got too close.

in all seriousness something needs to be done i have seen this same thing happen to competent teams using mumble where a few HATs can wipe out a whole teams ability to fight
puppetmaster532 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #12
AK47 WARRIOR

1 I am right about it thanks

2 What do you suggest how do we kill it ?
AK47 WARRIOR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #13
Ford_Jam

Sounds like you had one bad round and you're exaggurating it a bit (Eg: They had four HAT kits?)

Rather than focusing on some dudes in the hills which is the most useless place on Muttrah play somewhere else or even change server to something other than HOG (No, seriously).
Ford_Jam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #14
Sidewinder Zulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppetmaster532 View Post
what made the rounds so horrible was that all 4 enemy hat kits
Thanks for reading
They can't have four HAT kits at once....

To me just sounds like a bad round. If you tried to kill them several times and failed, then you were simply outplayed. Happens to everyone, no big deal.
Sidewinder Zulu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #15
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

Quote:
forgot to add the us team was all half retarded
l
So you want the Devs to make a game for retards?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Playing PR - Better drink my own piss." Ploddit
Mj Pain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #16
puppetmaster532

i thought each team got 4 hats but i guess im wrong.

and THIS IS NOT A HOW THE HELL DO I KILL THEM THREAD this is focusing on the very unrealistic ways that these weapons are being used

plus i doesn't help when the perpetrators with the hats are spamming the chat with Trololololo etc.... after a kill
puppetmaster532 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #17
Tirak

The United States and other countries regularly employ heavy anti tank weaponry against infantry targets. In fact this is so common that several anti tank weapons have specifically designed anti infantry rounds to be fired from them, but the normal round works just as well. Javelins, SMAWs and AT4s are used with great frequency against single persons. You got outplayed, that's not a fault with the game or the balance, it's a fault with your team.

Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #18
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
and THIS IS NOT A HOW THE HELL DO I KILL THEM THREAD this is focusing on the very unrealistic ways that these weapons are being used
Think about it the other way, were they sucessfully engaging you, without you able to sustain counter-fire?

It appears they were,

What does that mean?

It means that you are suppressed,

What does that mean you should do?

It means you either have to get out of the line of fire, get fire on the target another way or retreat to a safe position. The alternative to those options is death.

Its pretty easy to do the 1st and 3rd options on muttrah since the buildings are so tall, you just get to a safe street.

What I'd do is pull back, get mortars on the target then try again.

AT weapons are legitimately fired upon infantry all the time, its like saying the RPG should only be used against vehicles.

Instead of thinking how to force behaviours in other players, behave realistically yourself and adapt to the situation.

Don't get tunnelvision you have a larger number of options before you each with its own risk, rewards and required effort/teamwork. If your team sucked then indirect fire supporting you is probably not avaliable, however simply running north to a safe street requires no inter-squad teamwork, patience or effort.

I think this is one of the cases where running away was probably the easiest answer.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #19
AK47 WARRIOR

Thanks Rudd _medicman MUCH APPRICEITED
AK47 WARRIOR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:26 AM   #20
goguapsy

Quote:
4. goguapsy thanks for coming out
Just doing my job as a concerned fellow PR player.

Seriously, though, you said you had no long-range weaponary. What about the SAWs? What about the marksman kits? You could get a 2-man squad to sneak into MEC territory and marksman the HAT dudes out, right?

Or area attack?

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gameplay, hat, unrealistic